Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7 - Homemaking Binder


A few years ago, I read of the “Homemaking Binder.”  There are many renditions of them among homemakers, but over the past two years, I’ve SLOWLY started putting mine together.  Instead of having my box of recipes, our family calendar, & other important lists in separate places, this has allowed me to put them all together with the hopes of saving a little sanity.



My notebook is broken into these sections:
o Family (our calendar for the year divided into months) 
o Meals & Recipes (monthly menu planner forms, fall menu plan,               & recipes) 
o Homemaking (cleaning checklists & extra forms)
o Personal (books I’d like to read & goals for the year, etc)




Here are a few of my favorite resources that I have used:
o Moneysavingmom (my to-do list – customized for our typical                   day/laminated/reusuable)
o Organizedhome (printable monthly menu planner, lots of printable           lists)
o Donnayoung (free calendar printables)
o Passionatehomemaking (inspiration for me to do the homemaking           binder/video of her binder)
o Time-warp-wife (another resource for ideas for homemaking                     binders)




More details will follow in upcoming days concerning topics like menu plans & cleaning checklists.  But this is a basic glimpse of what my simple binder looks like and it is still a work in progress.  (Sorry for the dark pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment