Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 17 - Freedom in Freezer Cooking


Even with a menu plan, there are days when I still can’t think of what to fix for supper, and when the girls ask me what is for breakfast, cereal is the only answer I can give.  I have read about freezer meals for years.  I’ve even tried to do freezer meals by myself and with others.  It’s a lot of work that is supposed to save me time in the long run.  I go through phases.  But it’s always worth another shot, especially with the plethora of resources out there.  

My goal is not to spend an entire Saturday cooking up a storm and filling my freezer full.  But instead, I hope to freeze a few breakfast items and snacks that I can pull out in a pinch, and a couple times a week, doubling a pasta dish or soup while cooking supper, so that I’ll have extras for busy days.  Simple… I hope.  

Here are a few of the many resources I’ve found through Pinterest & other favorite blogs (note:  most of them are vegetarian):

o A Frugal Simple Life – lots of recipes!  I’m excited about trying the Popeye Pie & Meatless Tamale Pie
o Once a Month Cooking – one of the most well known freezer blogs with several different options
o Good Cheap Eats – 31 days of freezer cooking & she’s also written a book, Not Your Mother’s Make-Ahead & Freeze Cookbook
o Money Saving Mom – Lunchbox freezer friendly cooking

I'm always looking for more vegetarian freezer meal ideas, so pass them this way if you have a favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment