Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 4 - Exercise

Get up offa that thing, 
and dance 'till you feel better, 
Get up offa that thing, 
and dance 'till you, sing it now! 
Get up offa that thing, 
and dance 'till you feel better, 

It’s true.  On days that I get up and get moving, I usually have a better attitude and more energy throughout the day.  This is an area that has always been important to me.  But with three pregnancies, several moves, and a husband that has worked up to three jobs at a time, finding time to exercise has not always been easy.  

Before my first was born, I had plenty of time to visit my YMCA.  But as soon as she was born, I knew that I couldn’t continue.  Since then, I’ve tried exercise videos/dvd’s, walking (lots of walking!!), running, INSANITY (which is insane!!), jump roping, and recently, using an elliptical.  All of these have been beneficial and have met a need for each season.  So, I just want to encourage all moms out there to find some kind of exercise that you would enjoy and make it a daily priority.  It’s tough.  After nights when babies are up several times during the night, it’s hard to get up and find time during the day to shower, much less exercise.  Even if it’s just putting the baby in the stroller with cheerios in hand and walking around the neighborhood or at a local park, it’s better than nothing.  I’ve heard another blogger say, “You just need to get moving.”  So, let’s all “Get up offa that thing, and dance ‘till we feel better!”

No comments:

Post a Comment