Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 28 - Blessings...

Canada Mission Trip - 2008

If you would have asked me when Marty and I were dating, if I could have imagined my life the way it is now, I probably would have at least chuckled.  I guess I thought we would both be teachers, living happily ever after with a household of boys…  Ha!  Ha!  Seriously, growing up as a tom-boy, I really thought I’d have boys.  I would have never guessed to have all girls and be married to a youth-pastor.  How glad I am that God had better plans!  Since I was twelve, my life verse has been Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  

Growing up as a MK (missionary kid) and then a PK (pastor’s kid), I knew a little of what ministry was like.  Family time was not always a guarantee because you never knew when someone was going to die, and a funeral would need to be planned.  Your life was an open book for everyone in your church to see.  Gypsy blood began to creep into my veins at a young age as we moved time and time again.  Marty and I have now lived in the same area for over seven years, and what an amazing feeling that is!  

As in every job, there are the harder moments, but there are always more joys that outweigh them.  Today was one of those days…  As a youth pastor’s wife, I see the hours of counseling, the ball games, the studying, the planning, and greatest of all, young lives changed for Christ.  We have been blessed to be a part of a church that we don’t deserve to be serving in.  When we were called to come seven years ago, we were  overwhelmed by God's provision of such a plan for our lives.  With each year, our church has blessed us over and over.  To have 30 men help us move from one house to another last year, to receive anonymous gifts when things were so tight, and the countless meals we’ve shared through their generosity.  Today, they outdid themselves again.  Words cannot express!  

Sometimes ministry can seem insane.  It’s moments like today that bring sanity.  Day 28…



Senior Beach Trip - 2009
Youth Ski Retreat - 2009
My Sunday School class a few years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment