There are days when words fail to come, days in which silence is golden and the world is just too loud. There are days when everyone else’s grass looks so much greener and I want more of what I do not have. Discontentment…
In the book, Calm my Anxious Heart, Linda Dillow gives a great prescription for this.
• Never allow yourself to complain about anything, not even the weather.
• Never picture yourself in any other circumstance or someplace else.
• Never compare your lot with another’s.
• Never wish this or that had been otherwise.
• Never dwell on tomorrow, remember that it is God’s, not ours.