Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 28 - A Key Ingredient: Love


 



Love means helping a sister up when she can't do it on her own.
  
Love means passing the baton (the baby) to free the hands to make the climb.

Love means including those who may be a little unlovable at times.

Love... It's been the word that keeps popping up everywhere I turn. On a day to day basis, it's a struggle to always "feel" love towards my little pupils.  But thank goodness, love is not just a feeling, but an action.  I was reminded this morning of the verse in I John 4 that says, "There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love." (v18)  One of my prayers is that my girls will not obey and listen to me out of fear that they'll get in trouble or do something wrong.  I know they have felt that fear many times.  But how I long for my love for them to overpower any fear.  That my love may be like God's love, "His never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love." - Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones

I love this 10 Point Manifesto of Joyful Parenting by Ann Voskamp and have it printed and tucked into the sleeve of my homemaking journal.  A few of my favorites point me back to this love.

- Today, I will pray to speak words that are only STRONG words, words that make these children feel strong.  Grace words.  Grace is the only non-toxic air.  All other words I breathe are death words.

- Today, the moment when I am most repelled by a child's behavior, that is my sign to draw the very closest to that child.

- Today, I will hug each of my children as many times as I serve them meals - because children's hearts feed on touch.  I'll look for as many opportunities to touch my children today as possible - the taller they are, the more so.


No comments:

Post a Comment