Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 30 - Nuggets of Hope

Over the past few days, despite my trivial struggles that I put myself through, I have been given nuggets of hope.  Hope that what I'm doing is not in vain...  Hope that they are hearing the truth, in spite of their mother's bad example at times...  Hope that one day they will make a difference in this world for eternity...

I was so encouraged this morning through a podcast that reminded me of this verse in Philippians (1:6).  "being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."  It is God who has placed this desire in my heart to teach and to train my girls.  It is God who gives me the strength daily to get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other.  It is God who is doing a good work in my children who I do not deserve to call my own.  It is God who is already impressing upon my little middle one to one day live and serve in Japan.  It is God who impressed upon my oldest to sacrifice her Christmas gifts this year to send the money to Samaritan's Purse.  It's all God.

Here is a simple nugget of hope of a sister reading to her sisters.  (In the effort to keep things real, let me give you the whole picture:  A chair was fought over to see the pictures.  One sister purposefully tried to irritate another as soon as the book was finished.  Another thought it was her duty to critique the handwriting of a younger one, just for the fun of it.  Perfect by no means...)




All credit for attaching the video to this post goes to my husband.  He's pretty amazing like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment