Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 21 - It's a Group Effort!


First day of co-op!


Lining up for their second class



Visiting an apple orchard together


When we started our homeschool journey, I had no desire to join one of the many homeschool co-op's that I was hearing about in our area.  They all sounded great!  I just didn't want the extra responsibility of teaching other children in addition to preparing my own lesson plans for my daughter.  

But when I heard about a new homeschool group in which I didn't have to teach, I quickly jumped on it!  For over three years, we have been a part of such an amazing group for our girls and for me.  There are classes for every age up through middle school.  Naomi was able to graduate last year from their kindergarten class.  Chloe has taken art, geography, nature science, survival skills, P.E., and is currently taking Latin and Critical Thinking for her classes this semester.  Even though the teachers are paid a minimal amount, they truly see it as a ministry and my girls have been blessed because of them.  

Every semester, the moms study a book (Crazy Love by Francis Chan, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst) during the first class hour, discussing it and praying over each other.  Our children return to us for snack time and during the second hour, the moms just enjoy a light snack & coffee, time to talk, share ideas, and encourage each other.  It truly is a highlight to my week.  My girls have all made friends there.  They have incredible teachers who love the Lord and reinforce the values we are teaching at home.  We are so thankful for our little co-op that God has allowed us to be a part of!  

No comments:

Post a Comment