Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gratitude is enough




January 22 - January 25

What a beautiful example of new life!  We were privileged
to visit this sweet baby boy within the day of his birth.  


My big girls playing (or watching) a computer game


Such sweet backpacks on our first day back to Prov. 22
Don't you just love Naomi's new one!  It's perfect!


Naomi, on our evening walk.  She's wearing her
fashionable new headband under her lifesaving helmet.  


As our church is currently reading through the book of Job, I have been reminded of the frailty of life and how ultimately, God is in control.  For some reason, this week has been a roller coaster of emotions for me. I cried when I read of a friend from my days in Japan, who lost their precious little girl just weeks before her due date.  I have never experienced such kind of pain.  I have three healthy little girls.  Yet, what do I do when one forgets to pick up her dirty pajamas (again!)?  Do I show grace?  Do I show gratitude for these precious lives that I do not deserve to be given the responsibility to care for?  No....  I truly pray that God will teach me and others as we read about the life of Job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment