Friday, February 24, 2012

The littlest Sleepwalker

It's been over a week since I last blogged, but after last night's incident, I just had to share and since I haven't gotten to talk to my parents in a few days, I thought this would be a fun way to share.  One of the reasons I haven't blogged in so long is due to the series of colds, fevers, coughs, ear infections, two doctor visits, and one pink eye scare.  Needless to say, this mama is a little low on sleep and was the last to be given the wonderful gift of this lovely sick bug.

Last night, with everyone finally back in their own beds and no longer sleeping in our closest (our quarantine room), I thought I'd get a full nights sleep, but of course, at 3 am, I awoke to my own sneezing.  Thank you, cold!  I thought I should check on Sophie, being that it was her first night back in her big girl bed (after being in the closet), and upon going back to her and Naomi's room, there is no Sophie!  Not in her bed, not in the top bunk with Naomi, not in the closet...    I searched the bathroom, hallway, Chloe's room, even the sheets I forgot to fold in front of the laundry room, no Sophie!  I'm about to panic and call for Marty, but then there I find her, curled up with her blankie and passy on the kitchen floor fast asleep.  She even stayed asleep when I layed her back in her bed.  The funniest part to me is imagining her waddling in her sleep sack (no legs, just a pouch) all the way down the hallway to the kitchen where she falls back to sleep on the only floor in our home that is not carpeted.  Life is certainly not dull in the Middleton house!



Here she is posing for me this morning.

P.S.  For you worried parents, our closet is on the larger size with an air vent, and the door stays open.  Just in case you were worried...

No comments:

Post a Comment