Tuesday, January 29, 2013

While I'm Waiting...


Life truly is a roller coaster ride.  There are ups and downs and a lot of waiting in lines in between.  I think it's the times of waiting that I've struggled with the most.  As children, we wait to be tall enough to ride the cool ride at the fair.  As teens, we wait for that wonderful picture ID that declares us old enough to drive.  Then, there's the waiting to find a boyfriend or maybe your future husband.  Waiting for a ring... Waiting for a baby...  Waiting for the kids to get a little bigger... Always waiting...

As I've been reading through Genesis, specifically through the life of Joseph, it struck me that his life must have seemed like a never ending game of waiting.  The part that amazes me the most is during that two years of waiting... waiting for the chief cupbearer to remember him, how he had interpreted the cupbearer's dream and was promised hope.  I wonder how Joseph felt during those two years.  He had done nothing wrong; in fact, he had gone to extreme measures to obey God with his whole heart when he could have given in to temptation.  We later see how God blessed him more than he could have ever imagined and that even those two years were part of God's bigger plan.  

I have found that during those times of waiting, if I choose to seek God's face, those periods have become some of the most precious moments I have had with Him.  When we thought we couldn't have our third child, God taught me that through my hopelessness, anguish, and confusion, He loved me and had a greater plan for our family more than anything I could have planned.

While I'm Waiting by John Waller

While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

May our souls find rest in God alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment