Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grumbly Hateful or Humbly Grateful...


Growing up, on one of the many cassette tapes we listened to was a song that went something like this, "Are you Grumbly Hateful or Humbly Grateful?  What's your attitude?  Do you grumble and groan or let it be known you're grateful for all God's done for you?"  To be honest, I've been more of the grumbly hateful this week and I'm disgusted in myself when I'm like that.  Why can't I put a smile on, not out of pretense, but out of a truly grateful heart for all that God has done for me?

I have three precious little girls who love to do things like put raisin smiley faces on gingerbread snowmen, who smile over going to our favorite bakery, and who indulge me in leaf taking pictures.  In the wee hours of the morning, one of them woke up with a bad dream.  But when I entered their room, my sweet middle daughter was comforting the youngest from her bed.  "It's ok, Sophie.  It's ok.  God is with you, Sophie.  It's ok."  My heart melted...  I am thankful this morning for cries in the monitor and for the strength to get up.  Otherwise, I would have missed such precious words.


God, give me a heart that is humbly grateful...





No comments:

Post a Comment