For some, goals may be determined as standards demanded to be met, for others they are laid out as a form of accountability, yet even others find goals to be traps for failure for all those plans unmet. I can easily fall prey into the last category. Here it is mid May, June drawing close, and in the blog world, I'm far behind. But there is grace... No one else may care whether I blog about goals or not, but it does (in some weird way) hold me accountable, pushes me to step out of my complacency, and strive to just get out of bed sometimes.
Aspirations for April...
1. Plan a new spring menu (less grains, more veggies & protein). - almost completed!
So for the rest of May and June, my goals will be layered with grace, thought through and laid out with the hopes of fulfilling them, but given wide enough boundaries that I pray God will glorified through them.
Grace Goals for May & June:
1. Finish our school year well, not just surviving.
2. Plan and enjoy my 10 year old's (oh my goodness!) birthday party.
3. Make our summer bucket list.
4. Read Treasuring Christ when Your Hands are Full by Gloria Furman and A Million Little Ways by Emily Freeman.
5. Find and try healthy recipes for summer essentials (sunscreen, fruit wash, insect repellent, etc).
6. Declutter my closet.
7. Prioritize my mornings.
8. Open our home to others (& choose to let go of my expectations).