This was one of my many blessings in February - watching the sunrise at Fort Caswell with some of the most precious women I know.
A Recap of my Five for February:
1. Finish organizing the school room and
hang pictures. No more clutter!
Finish A Chance to Die by Elisabeth Elliot & read half of Cleaning House by Kay Wills Wyma (A Mom's 12-month experiment to rid her home of youth entitlement).
Write 5 letters (real ones with stamps) to other women who may need encouragement.
Take portraits of each of my girls (plus valentine pics).
5. Focus on words of grace for my family.
Once again, not 100% complete, but still progress.
- I don't think I'll ever finish organizing the school room. Some of you will understand...
- The biography of Amy Carmichael was deep... but I finished it and so thankful to have read it. Very powerful book!
- I'm almost a third of the way through Cleaning House. Already I'm taking mental notes. Practical and thought provoking.
- Writing letters is often one of my good thoughts that never gets done. They say it's the thought that counts... I don't think so. So, all glory goes to God that envelopes were addressed and stamps were found amid the clutter in my kitchen. (On a side note, it doesn't have to be snail mail to encourage a friend. A simple text, an email, or message on Facebook or Instagram can make anyone's day brighter. I've been on that receiving end several times this month and you ladies know who you are. Thank you! You truly don't know how uplifting your words were!)
- My portraits were simple, just up close at a park. Valentine pics thrown together last minute to arrive to grandparents... late, once again.
- Changing my focus to grace will never be completely crossed off a to-do list. This will forever be a daily desire, a daily dying to self, and giving of the grace that I do not deserve.
Musings for March:
1. Teach at least one essential oils class. Nervous, oh my!
2. Plan (with my older girls) a ballerina/pirate party for my youngest (who is turning 4!!!)
3. Focus on discipling my girls (with an emphasis on Bible memory).
4. Let go of some things of the past... (more may be shared in the future.)
5. Spend as much time outdoors as possible (more bike rides, park visits, picnics, and maybe getting back to running 4 miles again... maybe.)
Enjoy this free spring printable (as I certainly will!)