Some of the best memories
are made in flip flops - Kellie Elmore
As school started today, I see our summer coming to a close. What a full summer it's been! Here is just a glimpse of my girls enjoying their time off from school, playing with cousins, tea parties, pool time, and even a day trip to the beach.
A few things that I'm grateful for...
- I am so thankful to be settled in our home after going through a difficult move last summer.
- I am thankful for my parents being back in the States, especially when Marty was gone for much of July.
- I am thankful for our air conditioning as the heat this year has often seemed unbearable.
- I am thankful for our neighborhood pool in which flip-flops are the regular foot attire and the walk is just down the street.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to be home with my girls. Let me not take it for granted.
In case you are wondering, we did not get everything done on our list. Most of it... but not everything (notice there is not a check mark beside potty training). We still hope to do our outdoor movie night this month and go bowling one Friday before the schedule gets too busy. But I'm ok with not completing "the list". It was fun putting it together and I hope it will be a jump start for next summer when the girls will all be a little older and nap times won't be such a necessity.
(School pictures to come soon...)