Friday, June 1, 2012

My precious young lady



It's still hard to believe that it's been eight years since I was so pleasantly surprised to find out (after almost 24 hours of labor) that we had a girl!!  We had decided to wait to find out, but everyone (with the exception of my dad) said that we were most definitely having a boy.  But I wouldn't trade this sweet girl for a boy any day.  She has been all smiles since infancy and truly a joy to be around!  

We tried something different for her birthday party this year and tackled our first sleepover!  Three of her friends came over for pool time, pizza, s'mores, a movie, and a little sleep, of course.  Their favorite part of the sleepover was playing in the mud in our backyard though.  Too funny!



Overall, I think Chloe's eighth birthday was a success.  I am still so amazed that God has blessed me with such a sweet and caring daughter, who is helping me teach her younger sisters to do the same.  Her love of books, history, and animals keeps me busy, but I wouldn't want it any other way.  I know that the next few years are vital in her walk with the Lord, but I pray daily that He will lead us to show her by example and through His Word, that living for Him is the only thing worth living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment